PURPOSE STATEMENT: "To glorify God, enjoy his presence, and love him forever."
MISSION STATEMENT: "To make disciples of Jesus who experience and extend God's grace."
VISION STATEMENT: "To connect to God, to one another, and to our community."
PRIORITY STATEMENT: “To see transformed individuals who love God through obeying Scripture, heartfelt worship, and passionate prayer and who love people through genuine fellowship, servanthood ministry, and compassionate evangelism.”
FAITH STATEMENT: As followers of Jesus and his Word, we affirm the following as a summary of what we believe to be basic truths about God and his works:
- The Bible – We believe the Bible is the complete Word of God and is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- God – We believe in one God who created the universe and exists in three equal persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—known as the Triune God.
- Jesus Christ – We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and was sent by the Father to be the Saviour of all people by dying on the cross for their sins.
- The Holy Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit is present in this world today to convict people of their sin and lead them into a relationship with God.
- The Devil or Satan – We believe that Satan exists today and is the archenemy of God to oppose his plans and prevent people from knowing God.
- Creation and Man – We believe that all creation, including man, is not the result of evolution, but is the direct and supernatural work of God.
- The Fall of Man – We believe that sin originally entered this world as Satan deceived Adam and Eve to disobey God, condemning all future generations.
- The Atonement of Sin – We believe that a person’s sin can only be atoned for through the shed blood of Jesus on the cross, and not by a person’s good works.
- Election – We believe that people come to God through the electing process of the Holy Spirit as people are convicted of their sin and drawn to God.
- The New Creation – We believe that people are transformed and become a new creation or born again through personal faith in Jesus.
- Justification – We believe that people are justified and pardoned from their sin through the grace and mercy of God.
- Sanctification – We believe that God works in a person’s life to sanctify or set them apart for his purposes and bring them to spiritual maturity.
- The Local Church – We believe the local church is a community of believers gathered to worship God and carry out his purposes on earth.
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – We believe baptism is the immersion of a believer in water and the Lord’s Supper commemorates the death of Christ.
- Civil Government – We believe that civil government is divinely appointed for the good of society, but that the church’s first allegiance is to God and his law.
- The Righteous and the Wicked – We believe the righteous will enter an eternal blessedness in heaven, but the wicked will enter an eternal suffering in hell.
- The Lord’s Day – We believe the first day of the week is a divinely appointed day to be kept sacred for worship and spiritual growth.