We are excited that you are exploring joining the Grace Baptist Church family!
What is the role of membership at Grace Baptist Church?
- The congregation are the primary ministers of the church and as such are critical to the achievement of the mission that God has entrusted to this church.
- They themselves and their spiritual gifts are essential to the success and health of the church.
- The congregation as His Body shall commit themselves as individuals to a growing relationship with the Lord, and serving Him according to their spiritual giftedness, passions and abilities.
- Members have the responsibility to abide by Congregational Membership Requirements and Membership Meetings Requirements as defined in Section 4 and Section 5 of the Church Bylaws.
- The Members of the Church are invited to put forth recommendations for individuals to serve on the Board of Elders. They are to consider Biblical character and life maturity when making their recommendations. The Board will have the responsibility to vet all recommendations carefully, and present a vetted list of candidates for final approval by the Membership.
- The congregation entrusts under the Headship of Jesus; the responsibility of leadership and the ministry direction to the leaders of Grace Baptist Church, both elected and hired staff.
- The members of the congregation are encouraged to bring forth any suggestions for new ministry, changes or improvements to any ministry, policies & procedures, ministries or other. All suggestions should clearly identify the concern or issue, and present viable options. Requests shall be submitted to the Ministry Team Leader first, and if necessary, also submitted in writing to the Senior Pastor or Board. Anonymous communications will not be considered.
- The congregation shall follow the Grace Baptist Conflict Resolution Process based on Matthew 18:15-18 in all matters of conflict within the church. In the case of conflict with an elder, 1 Timothy 5:19 will also apply. Where a member refuses to follow or abide by the process and/or submit to discipline from the Church, their membership will be suspended immediately and they will be removed from the membership list in 30 days.
The Members of Grace Baptist Church will renew annually their covenant of membership as follows:
- To love one another and work hard to express that love practically as we all grow together in our walk with Christ.
- To pray for one another. To pray for the Church and for its leadership and mission.
- To participate in worship and ministries of the Church in order to grow in their faith.
- To serve faithfully in the ministries and outreach activities of the Church.
- To support the mission of the Church and the leadership chosen to accomplish that mission.
- To follow the Grace Baptist Conflict Resolution Process based on Matthew 18:15-18 in all matters of conflict within the church. In the case of conflict with and elder, 1 Timothy 5:19 will also apply.
- To give generously to the financial costs of achieving the mission of the Church.
- To submit to the leadership and the congregation of Airdrie Grace Baptist Church in matters of church discipline in the case of a violation of clear scriptural commands and mandates. Church discipline will follow the pattern outlined in Matthew 18:15-22 and prayerfully take into account the principles of Galatians 6:1-2 and 1 Thessalonians 5:12—22. The goal of church discipline is always restoration of relationship with God and to fellowship within the church. Those who repent and turn from their sin will graciously be restored.
If you have read the above information page and you would like to be join our family, please complete the below application form and submit it to the office via email, or drop it off at the office or at the Info Desk on Sunday mornings.